Monday, May 7, 2012

My Motivation

This weekend, I was up in Oregon spending some time with my family. My younger brother is leaving for Army Boot Camp today, and we had a farewell party for him. It was a great time to just enjoy my family and spend some quality time together!

At one point, my brother's girlfriend asked me about my recent weight loss. She asked me ho much I had lost, and how I was doing it. Then, she asked me why I decided to make these changes now... what motivated me to start eating better and working out. Our conversation was interupted, and I never realyl got to answer her. So yesterday, while I was completeing Week 2, Day 1 of my C25K training, I started thinking about that question. Why am I doing this? What changed inside of me to make me finally really want to take care of me? What is motivating me? After my workout, I shared my thoughts with her on Facebook. I'd like to share them here as well.


I have decided that I am worth so much more than I have given myself up until this point. I have realized that I am stronger (physically and emotionally) than I ever thought I was. I am tired of being complacent and lazy and have decided to do something about it. Basically, for the first time in over a decade, I have remembered that I am the only one that can or will take care of me. I am tired of sitting back and watching life pass me by, and so I have decided to get off my @ss and do something about it. I want better for my life than what I have been living up until this point, and the only way I am going to get better is by putting in the work necessary to get there. I want to be a better version of the person I am now. I'm not interested in being stick thin, or a size 0... but I am interested in being strong, fit, and healthy. I love life, and I plan on living a long and amazing one. This is just my first step towards that. :-) 
So that is what is motivating me. That is my driving force to keep pushing forward on this journey. That is what I say to myself when my lungs are burning and my body is aching: Push through Amber... you are the only one who can do this for yourself... you are worth more than what you have been giving yourself... work towards a better you... just push through... you can do it.

Recently, I have had a number of my friends tell me that I have been a motivation to them. That my blog and posts on Facebook have encouraged them in their journey as well. That makes me beyond happy, and I sure hope that continues! We all need motivation, and some of the best motivation ocmes from those who have been there, and truly understand. I hope that whoever is reading this today finds motivation and encouragment in my words. I hope that you will realize that you also deserve a better version of you, and you are the only one who can make that happen. Now... Make it happen!!!

~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment