Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthdays & Baby Showers

The last few weeks have been surprisingly busy, and also a lot of fun. We have had two very full weekends in a row, with the weeks prior filled with planning and getting ready for those weekends. First, we had my Mom's 50th birthday, which I showed some pictures from earlier last week. Below are some more pictures of her wonderful birthday weekend.

My beautiful Momma. The birthday girl.

Make a wish!

Eating her cupcakes.

The cupcakes. Lemon cake, lemon curd filling, and white chocolate lemon frosting. Yum!

This is Mom's favorite of the cakes I make, and it will also be one of the layers in her wedding cake in February.


Months ago, we all asked Mom what she wanted for her 50th birthday. She wasn't sure for awhile, and then she thought of something. She called me one day and said, "I know what I want for my birthday.... I want 50 presents!! One for each year of my life!" And so, our family began planning a birthday celebration that would include 50 presents for my wonderful Mom who deserves that, and oh so much more.


Mom in her new Pea Coat. One of her 50 gifts!

She had gifts big and small, from wine & cooking tools, to bath & body products, to clothes, and family pictures. It was so much fun to see her open all of them, and see how much thought everyone had put into her gifts.

All of Mom's presents.

We just had a small party, which included our immediate family, and some close friends. We made mexican food and margaritas, and just had a great time. We had great music, thanks to the musicians in the family, and later in the evening we had some great laughs while playing games.

My Momma and I.


Mom and my adorable little brother, Zachary.


My nephew Colton, with Mom and Zack.

Overall, I would say it was a huge success. Happy 50th birthday Mom. You are truly and amazing woman, and I am so very blessed to call you not only my Mom, but also my best friend.
I love you!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The following weekend, Erik and I traveled down to Sacramento for a baby shower for our dear friends, Christine & Andrew. Christine and Andrew have an adorable little boy, Oliver, and a little girl on the way, Lucy. Here are some highlights from the baby shower. Christine, I am planning on sending you a CD with all the pictures I have very soon!!


A precious baby blanket.

Miss Christine, looking beautiful!


Here is the cake I made for the shower. I decided to go with a small cake on the top tier, and then cupcakes below. This worked out perfectly, as there were enough cupcakes for everyone, and Christine was able to take the small cake home to enjoy! At Christine's request, the cake was a yummy combination of marble cake, raspberry filling, and white chocolate buttercream. The cupcakes were the same. I hope you loved it Christine!




Christine's cousin hosted the shower, and she did an amazing job! Her home was decorated so beautifully. All the little touches really came together for a wonderful shower. Here are some of my favorite things.


The sweet little favors.


The beautiful centerpieces and table decor.




The adorable baby clothes hung around the room. These mittens were my favorite!


The beautiful pink Gerber Daisies placed all over.


Precious pink pacifiers hanging from the chandelier.


And baby Lucy's name over the fireplace. This was just gorgeous!

Christine & Andrew, it was so great to see you both and celebrate with you. We can't wait to see baby Lucy the next time we visit! Congratulations on a beautiful little family!

Our whole weekend was really wonderful. It is always so nice for us to go visit our friends in the Sacramento area. We may not get to see them as often as we used to, but that makes our time together even more special and enjoyable!

Okay, that's it for me for tonight. I am working on some more pictures in photoshop, and can't wait to post more on that later... until then, Goodnight!

~Amber


4 comments:

  1. Love the cake with the cupcakes below...
    you are so talented Amber!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great celebrations! The lemon cupcakes look INCREDIBLE, and I love the idea of fifty presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I love the cake and cupcakes you did for Lucy. Very nice! You are so adorable and talented! I love you so much. Thanks again for such a fantastic birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, wow! I'm on a blog!!! Thanks for featuring my baby shower Amber - my cousin(s) totally deserve some recognition because they really did do a wonderful job! And I loved my cake and cupcakes from you Amber - they were beautiful and so totally yummy! I am really glad you were able to make it to the shower and can't wait for you to meet our little Lucy once she arrives!

    ReplyDelete